Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning

As you can easily infer from the posts below, this blog was created for a video production class back in the spring of 2010 and has sat dormant ever since. But thanks to my friend Colin McGuire and his "TV without a TV" blog over at the Frederick News-Post web site,  I'm finally dusting off this neglected cranny of cyber space and trying my hand at television analysis/criticism/bloviation. The show?  Why of course, the cultural, critical and er, "commercial" tour-de-force that is AMC's Mad Men. 

You (my one, and probably imaginary, reader) may already be lamenting the fecundity of blogs on this subject, but for his "Mad Men Project", Mr. McGuire has selected seven colleagues/friends/associates to analyze each episode of the fifth season from the viewpoint of a different character. Aside from being an outside-the-box type approach to blogging this show, the project is sure to generate some rich and engaging discussions (that hopefully involve more than seven people) and generally be a fun exercise for all involved.

As for my character, I'm pleased to say that I'll be following Roger Sterling. The character is arguably the most unlikable on the show, but I'm anticipating Matthew Weiner and co. might introduce a new trajectory for him this time around. I'll be posting my thoughts on him both here and on the "TV without a TV" blog each Friday of the season. To learn more about the "Mad Men Project", click here. Season five premieres this Sunday at 9 PM on AMC.



No comments:

Post a Comment